Ever wonder what it actually looks like to be a wedding photographer? While I do sincerely think it’s the best job in the world, there are some CRAZY moments that happen throughout the day!! I loved going back through the quirks and behind the scenes of this past year. I’ll let you in on a little secret: taking pictures is juuuust about 80% of what I do on a wedding day! Here are 15 additional hats I wear:
1. Style the details
2. Test the light!
3. Look Like A Ghost (no clue what was happening here!)
4. Pull Bugs Out of Layers of Tulle (hey it’s a very delicate process!)
5. Climb into Windows (I think I’m explaining the horrid blue light here?! We definitely switched locations!)
5. Explain Arm Placement
6. Hold Vineyard Consultations (best done in 28 degrees, ideally with wine present!)
7. Keep My Chiropractor In Business (kneeling for daaaaays)
8. Fluff Dresses
9. Fluff Veils
9. Practice My Barre Moves
10. Destroy Hotel Beds/ Wear Pillow Cases (in my defense they reflect clean light!) This one could also go in the “need a massage” category!
11. “Borrow” Front Doors!
12. Dance Around My Couples
13. Sport the Appropriate Uniform (Linen for 90 degree weather in Charleston and Fingerless Gloves for 28 degree weather in Northern Virginia!) Rain or Shine, Hot or Cold, The Show Must Go ON!
14. Worry About Family Formal Placements
15. LOVE my job!!!